These workshops integrate energy literacy and the three-dimensional learning of the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). Participants will engage with a climate and energy focused anchoring phenomenon and teaching routines to experience the shift from "learning about," to a more student-driven "figuring out." We will collaborate, conduct investigations, share resources and reflect on how to promote student voice, sense-making, and engagement within your curriculum. Guided discovery and activities will allow for the integration or adaptation of hands-on energy learning into your work with students. The Vermont workshops follow a transportation storyline and New Hampshire workshops focus on electricity.
New Hampshire & Vermont
- In-Person Workshop: October 22nd 2022, 9-4pm, John Hay Estate at The Fells, Newbury, NH
- Virtual Workshop: (NH) January 17th, 24th, and 31st, 6-8:30pm, Online
- In-Person Workshop: May 12th, 8:30am-3:30pm, Location TBD
- Credit: 7.5 PD hours for virtual workshops, 7 PD hours for in-person workshops.
- Cost: These workshops are offered at no cost to NH teachers thanks to our partnership with NHSaves, and to VT teachers thanks to generous funding. Teachers from other states may take the workshop for $175.
- Questions: Laura MacLachlan, email@example.com (VT); Aubrey Nelson, firstname.lastname@example.org (NH)
- Registration closes one week before the start date. We reserve the right to cancel due to low enrollment.